New South Wales Electoral Commission
Working with the New South Wales Electoral Commission (NSWEC), eGloo developed, tested and implemented the Virtual Tally Room (VTR).
The VTR was used by the voting public to monitor up-to-date election results during the 2007, 2011, 2015 State Government Elections (SGEs) and the 2008, 2012, 2016 Local Government Elections (LGEs).
eGloo was also responsible for creating and maintaining an XML environment that assisted in driving VTR page functionality and displaying real time election results. The XML content was also picked up by other external agencies like the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and used to assist with their election night public facing initiatives.
We have successfully delivered several mission critical projects for the NSWEC with deadlines that do not move. Our involvement since 2005 has given us a thorough understanding of the electoral process at a state level.
Other NSWEC projects we have been involved in include:
- Ballot Paper Generation System: Prepares print ready PDF files for 188 ballot papers to 94 New South Wales State Districts
- Closed Role Elector Verification Facility: Enables voters to check and verify their enrolment when electoral rolls for events are closed
- Document Verification Service (DVS): A front end for the Commonwealth's Attorney General Department's Document Verification Service (DVS)
- Elector Geo-Location System: Ensures that electors are included on the NSW electoral roll within their correct electoral district or local government ward
- Electoral Roll Records Offline Lookup (ERROL): An Android Application used to access electoral roll records at polling stations on election day for NSWEC, VEC and ECQ
- iVote Registraton: A web application that allows voters to register for an election who are blind, have low vision, are illiterate or have other disabilities
- Online Postal Voting Application (OPVA): An online registration system for eligible electors who wants to do a postal vote
- Political Party Registration: A web application for political parties to supply membership details to support their new party registration or registration renewal
- Polling Place Locator: Locates polling places by Utilising Google Maps and the Keyhole Markup Language (KML)
- Roll Management System (RMS): A system to efficiently and accurately maintain and manage the NSW Electoral Roll
- Smart Roll: An Automatic Enrolment System
- 2011 Election Night iOS App: Enabled the voting public to access the 2011 state election live election results and information relating to their electoral district
I write to thank you for your contribution to the New South Wales Electoral Commission's (NSWEC) successful conduct of the recent State Election.
A State election is a large scale event and the NSWEC relies on contractors and service providers with specialist expertise in order to deliver the election outcome.
I am pleased to say that each one of our service providers and contractors performed to a very high standard.
I would like to thank you and your team for your dedication and commitment to ensure the successful delivery of the State election.
Thank you for a job well done.